Wednesday, August 22, 2007

Jim's 4th annual 29th birthday

Who: The people who make my life worth living, including you!

What: I never turned 30. Last year, my friend Mary gave me the cute term "thirty-wonderful," and I could live that. This year, I'm going back to being 29. And there are plans for birthday shenanigans!

When: Saturday, August 25th, beginning at 8pm(ish) and ending when the last person collapses. ;)

Where: Downtown Laramie (for starters). Let's meet at the Alibi for a drink or two. We'll start bar-hopping from there! At around 11ish, we'll head back to my place for "drunken sing-a-long karaoke." The Library bar was supposed to karaoke, but they're not cooperating with my master plan. So the night owls and the adventurous can go back to "Ruby Slippers" (aka my house) for a sing-a-long karaoke fest. I may not have my own karaoke machine, but I have CD's, surround sound, and no shame!

Why: It's not every day I turn 29 (though it IS every year now). And it's a last hurrah before school starts. Do you really need an excuse?

Other details:
  • Gifts are welcome, but certainly not required. Having a chance to see my friends and adopted families before all hell breaks loose at work is a gift in and of itself!
  • If you're not sure where to find us, call me. I'll be happy to tell you where to go. *smirk*
  • If you don't know where my house is, let me know and I'll send you directions.
  • You don't HAVE to bring anything to karaoke, but if you have a particular type of munchie or adult beverage you can't live without, you might want to bring it along. You're welcome to what I have, but no fair whining if I don't have your craving. ;)
  • No, you are not required to be there for EVERYTHING. That's why the evening is in stages...so those with a life, kids, or a curfew can duck out at any point. I won't hold it against you...unless you ask really nicely.
  • No, you are not required to sing if you come to "karaoke."
  • Yes, you can invite someone. Work is already crazy for me, and the odds are that I forgot to invite someone important.
    Any questions? Give me a call, email me, MySpace me, Connexion me, etc.
  • No comments: