Sunday, October 17, 2004

Where are the crab cakes?

I have been accosted for not updating. So here we go. I'm back home again. This is a good thing. It's also making me crazy. I had a lot of fun in Baltimore. My friends and I spent time together, saw the sights, and were just generally relaxing. Sure, there was work to be done at the conference, but we managed to do both. Now I'm back in Laramie. There are no crab cakes on the menu. There are no water taxis for sight seeing. There aren't many restaurants to choose from. And then there's work. Apparently when you're gone for 5 days, work piles up. Especially during Queer Awareness Month. I've got panels, SafeZone sessions, and presentations lined up. But I'm digging out. I also came back to a host of employee problems. I expect to terminate one person Monday...and possibly up to 3 by the end of the week. Why did I get on that plane again?

No comments: