Monday, June 20, 2005

Pain

Yesterday the lawn care commandos mobilized at Ruby Slippers and beat the yard into a better condition. Mark and Linus attacked the trees with fervor, and they look much better now! Two truckloads of limbs to the city brush pile later, even. Abra and Tessa pulled weeds, re-caulked the bathtub, and played with round-up. I raked for 2 hours, pulled weeds, and hauled branches to the brush pile. Though she was late due to family obligations, Mandy showed up and helped tidy up the aftermath. All in all, it was a good day, and a fair chunk of necessary yard work was accomplished. There is still plenty to be done, but I wanted to say thanks (publicly) to my fabulous friends for helping out. And I also wanted to share a faboo picture I got today. I think it will make the flock smile. It's a photo of our old "friend" Fred Phelps. Enjoy!

No comments: