Monday, July 31, 2006

The rumors are true

It never ceases to amaze me how fast news travels in small towns/communities/groups/etc. Since my boss is now aware of it, I see no reason to maintain the strict secrecy that has been in place up to now. On June 30th, I submitted a job application to Denver University for their open position: GLBTQIA Program Coordinator. The position closed on July 14th. I received a call this morning just before 10am asking me to come interview. That interview is scheduled for this Thursday (Aug 3rd) from 9am to 1:30pm. Without going into mushi-ness, I will simply say that the thought of leaving Laramie and UW is not one that has been made lightly, and would not come without a great sense of loss. However, I remind myself that Denver is only 2 hours away, and will go on the record as saying I REALLY WANT THIS JOB!!! It would be turning my passion into my profession, and would be a step in the right direct for my life at this time. I will do my best to keep you all posted on the status. Things to prepare for: if I get this job, I will have to sell my house. There is work to be done on it before that can happen, and I will not b shy about asking for help with cleaning, yardwork, painting, etc. Help will be much appreciated, and will not go unrewarded (at least in the long term...but you might have to wait until I get the proceeds from the house sale)! Please send positive thoughts my way on Thursday, even if you don't want to see me leave Laramie. I need your support and love! More to come soon, I hope...

No comments: