Friday, August 22, 2008

Aging

Monday is my 5th annual 29th birthday. And I'm not overly happy about it. Each year it serves as a reminder that the semester is starting and the chaos is returning. That I'm another year older and more removed from the college students who surround me. That another batch of friends has left to start their "real lives" after college...or they soon will.

But the flip side of this logic is that it's another year of unique experiences, amazing friends, and unforgettable memories. It's another year of accomplishments completed, obstacles overcome, and challenges met. For every cloud, there's a silver lining, after all.

I don't like aging, but it's a necessary evil if one wants to live and learn. And it's important to celebrate making it through another year. To that end, there will be some going out going on this weekend. I'm spending Saturday afternoon with the boyfriend and his mom, and Sunday afternoon I'm helping Nell move. I think the Alibi and Library are likely bases of operation for the weekend, and Friday and Saturday nights will probably be spent OUT! Stop by and find me, give me a call to track me down, and for pity's sake, buy me a drink if you see me out! ;)

And remember: I may be getting older but I refuse to grow up!

No comments: