Friday, March 06, 2009

Lists

It's that time of year again, folks. I know, I know...I've mentioned in the last couple posts that things have been busy. But it hasn't changed! It's gotten to the point that without lists of some sort, I don't know which way is up. I've spoken to a number of classes recently. Women's Studies (Love you Jess!), Social Work, Education, and Nursing students have all listened to me lately. Tonight I have to attend a dinner meeting for work, though it's really for PACMWA. Our office is doing most of the planning and arrangements, and Nell wants Tracey and I there.

Jesse has Founder's Day stuff for the fraternity this weekend, and I might be helping a friend install some new toys for her computer. There's karaoke tomorrow night at the Library, and you can bet I'll be there belting out my favorites. Next week I have AIDS Walk meetings, drag queen conference calls, and am speaking to more classes. I'm also speaking at the Junior High, as my old mentor teacher asked me to come be part of a discussion of diversity.

Within the next few weeks, I'll speak to classes for Social Work, Communications, and Geography. I'll present 2 SafeZone sessions, including one for the Shepard Symposium. I'll attend the Elton John concert and after party, and will go into high gear for AIDS Walk. Work will be quite busy too, and spare time will be rare and precious. Sexual Harassment Prevention training, diversity sessions, and random meetings and committee discussions will be crammed into the normal office work, and I'm not exactly looking forward to it.

Lists seems to be a necessity for my future, as well as several calendar and scheduling tools/tricks. List of bills, repairs on the house, maintenance for the car...I check one thing off and another 3 pop up. I realize that this is just a part of life, and that it will not continue at this break-neck pace forever. Sometimes it's hard not to get bogged down in the length of list, or the shear number of them I have going. Left foot, right foot...repeat as needed. Thank goodness for cocktails, a loving man, and puppy therapy. If only I didn't have to work over Spring Break.

Today's lesson: We can all get through this, though it will take strength and patience. It's hard sometimes, but take a step back and look at the big picture. This, too, shall pass.

No comments: