Monday, April 25, 2005

Do you hear that ticking?

The week of AIDS Walk went by, and it was a smashing success. We had a lot of people show up for everything. We did a lot of free HIV testing, which is a very good thing. The drag queens were hysterical as usual, and the after-party was fun too (though Zeus did not really enjoy the next morning, I hear).

My heart was touched so many times, by people giving freely of their time and their hearts. By people willing to tell their stories, even when they are difficult to repeat or remind us of dark times. And I met some incredible people, including Heidi and Isaac. They made my heart flow over.

And perhaps more importantly, they made me realize something. When I was younger, I knew it was something I wanted a great deal. Then for a long time I thought that I had changed my mind. Now I am sure: I want to be a father. Now to find a husband who is like-minded before we're too old to do it...

I also had one of the best experiences of my life, though Scott and Zeus are gonna get it! At Bingo, I was recognized for all the crap I do, and the difference I have apparently made in the lives of others. A standing O...from my friends and those in the community. Nothing could have meant more to me.

No comments: