Wednesday, January 18, 2006

HOMEWORK?!

I am not a 19 year college student. I have not been one for some time. As most of my readers know, I am sitting in on Beth's "Queer Theory" class this semester. This meant a trip to the book store...and $70. It also means having to do reading. On a time table. And writing assignments (though I get to avoid the nasty paper-writing trauma), as the field journal is fairly integral to the class discussions. Now I realize that I only have one class to juggle these days, and my full-time student friends will just scoff at me for saying this, but...I have to do HOMEWORK?! I haven't had to do that shit in years. It's a shock to the system.
Note: I also work more than 40 hours a week, and volunteer between 10 and 20 hours each week. Being a grown up sucks.

No comments: