Monday, June 19, 2006

Must. Not. Explode.

As most of you are aware, I have been anxiously awaiting Pride this year. I need the time off and away from work, before I go postal! I'm tired of dealing with Orientation, last minute deadlines, and complete chaos. If I don't decompress a little bit, it will not be healthy for me down the road. I'm looking forward to lounging by the pool, playing volleyball, listening to music, spending time with close friends, and relaxing. I'm looking forward to seeing my boyfriend for the first time in 3 weeks.

I have reached the point where I am counting down hours. I'm finding it hard to focus on the task at hand, regardless of what said task might be. There is packing to be done. I have an AIDS Walk meeting tonight. There's last minute laundry, dishes, etc. I'm putting finishing touches on a few mix CD's made especially for the occasion. I need to vacuum. I REALLY need to mow, but the weather has not been cooperating on days I have the time AND energy. So much to do. *sigh* At this point, I'm happy if I can keep my brain from exploding from the excitement of a week off.

So from Wednesday to Wednesday, don't expect new posts, emails, etc. I will be in a self-imposed digital bubble. I will have the cell phone. You might receive a call telling how nice it is to be drinking cocktails by the pool. At 2pm on a weekday. (Let's be real...it can and will happen.) So here's today's lesson/homework:

GO PLAY! Find something to do with no other intrinsic value. Be lazy, decadent, and summery!

PS...we're only a post or two away from my 200th blog post. There will be some sort of appropriate merry-making here in my corner of cyberspace. Stay tuned!

No comments: