Thursday, November 30, 2006

Happy Birthday

The universe sure is funny sometimes. I was checking on my friend Troy's blog. He's working in Antarctica. They're 18 hours ahead, so it's already the 1st of December there. My friend posted the Wikipedia entry.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/December_1

For those too lazy to click and read the whole entry, the item of note is that under births, it lists "1976 - Matthew Shepard, American murder victim (d. 1998)." I was a bit surprised that his birthday is listed on the official wiki calendar.

Don't get me wrong, I had not forgotten the date. The chatter on the Matthew Shepard lists (I lurk and monitor what the crazies are saying) has been going for some time now. Dec. 1st would have been Matt's 30th birthday.

No, I'm not going to get all morose on people. I celebrate Matt's life and the good that has come from his story. My point today is just that the little coincidences in life add up. Pay attention to them.

No comments: