Tuesday, June 29, 2004

And purple mountain's majesty

What shall we blog about today, Brain? I know...driving! So driving to and from California was an experience. I'm glad I had it, but I'm also glad it's over.

The pros: I got to see a lot of America in the process. I'm one of those tree-huggin' dirt worshipper types, so I even see Death Valley as beautiful in its own way. The rugged mesas of Arizona. The mountains surrounding Salt Lake City. The scrub brush and dunes of Death Valley. The beaches of California (okay...that's an easy one). And even the plains of Wyoming.

The cons: It was long. It was traffic-y. And it was fast. We saw everything at 90 miles an hour, and that's not what I'm used to. I wanted to stop along the way. To see Zion, Bryce, and Grand Canyon parks. Lake Mead, the Hoover damn, the Needles...I'd love to see more!

I think a road trip around the country would be AMAZING if I had the money and time to do it. So when I win the lottery...ROAD TRIP!!! We'll rent an RV and party down around the US. Route 66. Seeing the Pacific Northwest, the Southeast, the Deep South (though we'll spend little time with people...just the pretty spots!) Taking time to see monuments, historic sites, parks, and anything else that tickles our....fancies. who's with me?

No comments: