Wednesday, June 30, 2004

What a way to follow a vacation

So I've been giddy and ecstatic and obnoxiously happy about the trip right? So how might one cure that? I know...go back to work. I just knew today was going to be a let down when I climbed out of the shower.

It seems one of the boys got sick last night, and I noticed it this morning after getting dressed. So I spent my morning cleaning doggie mess (you do NOT want details) from the carpet, kennel, and puppy bedding. *sigh* This pretty well shot my morning, giving me enough time to feed the boys (or reload them, as I called it this morning) and leave for work. When I got to work, I was determined to be in a good mood.

Then my computer died. Hard core. It had been acting wonky (yes, that's the technical term) since I got back, so I backed up all my data this morning to a spare hard drive. I was in the process of rebuilding the computer when it died again...in the middle of formatting the hard drive. This ruled out any problem with software or windows, so something was physically wrong with hardware. Of course, the office that does hardware maintenance is closed for inventory for a few days. But I know the guy, and he's running some diagnostics for me cuz I'm lovable. :) So I drove home and brought in my laptop so I can pretend to get shit done today.

Sound like a great start to a day? Yup...I thought so too. I don't know what the afternoon holds for me yet, but I hope the day improves. I'm finding it difficult to maintain a positive attitude in the face of all this crap (some literal, some figurative). Calgon...take me away. No...take me back to California!

No comments: