Thursday, October 20, 2005

Alright, now I'm pissed

Yesterday I received a package notification slip from the post office. I was expecting my new kite, so I raced to the P.O. to claim my new baby! Thanks to the frickin' traffic on the Clark St. viaduct, I pulled up the Post Office about 1 minute after they locked up the clerk's area. Spending 10 minutes to travel 1 block over the damned bridge was enough to frost my cookies, but then I went to claim my goodies this morning.

I left the office and went out to the car, ready to hustle my buns to the P.O. with claim slip in hand. As I walked up to the car, I noticed that one of my fabulously gay stickers had been ripped in half! My FOD (Friends of Dorothy) sticker is now only half there. :( And I'm pissed! This is the first time my car has been defaced in any way, and it's pretty clear that it wasn't something that just blew off the car or was washed away.

I know that I probably should be happy that it was only one sticker...and not paint, tires, windows, etc. But the concept just pisses me off. I don't go around defacing Jesus fish, yellow ribbons, Army bumper stickers, or even anti-gay stickers handed out by the 700 club. So why does someone feel the right to trash one of my stickers, for which I paid good money. And why choose FOD instead of the Bush is a Muggle sticker or one of the more overtly gay stickers? *sigh* Narrow minded people: Can't live with 'em, can't dig NEARLY enough shallow graves to hide 'em all.

No comments: