Sunday, July 11, 2004

Interviews, Street Dances, and Brunch

So I spent Friday conducting an interview for the SAFE Project. There were 44 applicants. We had 22 people at the interview. I was there for 12 hours. It was a long day to say the least. So I came home, changed clothes, grabbed a nibble for dinner, and headed for the street dance. I met up with most of the gang in downtown around 9pm. We wandered for a while, deciding the music was...well, shitty. and not because it was country. I'm used to that. No, this was just shitty and poorly done. So I walked Mandy back to her car and was home by 10:30pm. Eh.

Saturday was a lazy morning spent at home, sleeping in and relaxing. Wrestling with puppies, coping with dishes, the usual. Mandy and Bridget came over around 9ish to pick me up (there may have been a bottle of wine involved before they got there) and we went back to the street dance. The music was better, but there was still little excitement to be found. So before long we ran to Bridget's and picked up a DVD of Oz and came back to Casa de Mi. :) We watched an episode before exhaustion set in around Midnight. The girls went home, and I crashed.

So this morning I discovered the first episode of "I Love the 90's" on VH1. I taped it and started the phone tree, thinking brunch was in order. Mandy was the only person I could get in touch with...at least the only one who was still in town. So she came over and (after a quick run to Safeway) we whipped up biscuits and gravy with Eggs Benedict on the side. Bridget is here now too, and there is a Law and Order: SVU marathon holding us captive. What are you up to? C'mon over!

No comments: