Thursday, March 18, 2004

Anticipation

Thought for the day, from one of my favorite comics of ALL time: "You know, Hobbes, some days even my lucky rocketship underpants don't help.” - Calvin

Pardon my musical moment as I sing "I'm so excited...and I just can't hide it..." You didn't know you were getting a soundtrack this morning, did you? Well, ha! Though I got to bed pretty late last night, I'm energetic and bubbly this morning (Bubbles!). I get to go to Drag Queen Bingo tonight to promote AIDS Walk, and I can't wait. Road trips are always fun, especially when there are liquored up drag queens at the end of the road. How can we go wrong?

Why did I get to bed so late, you ask? Well, I will tell you, not-so-gentle readers. Last night was a night of cinema at Casa-de-homo. I finished watching "Mask", a touching story starring my favorite diva - Oh My Cher! Then I watched "Star Trek: Nemesis" to get in touch with my geek roots. Then, to finish off my St. Patty's film fest, I watch "Bowling for Columbine." Now I had heard great things about the film, and had been looking forward to seeing it for some time. "And it was not good. But it was GREAT." I wanted to turn the tube off and go downstairs to pack at a reasonable hour so that I might get some rest last night. But alas, I was thwarted with quality programming that sucked me in. It had humor, a Matt Stone cartoon, and Charlton Heston looking like the booger-eating moron he really is. What's not to like?!

But seriously folks...did I mention I get to go to DQB tonight? (Sounds like of like I'm going out for twisted ice cream when I type it like that.) And so I give you all a mission. Go forth unto the great (all-too) white world and find some kind of silly fun today. Be radical, be radiant, but above all else....be FAB-u-lous. And thus spake the Empress.