Monday, August 02, 2004

It's done!

Well, if you didn't like the look/feel of the blog on my test site (or didn't go look), you've missed your chance. I did ask for feedback, after all. ;) But the new template is in place, and can I say, "Woohoo!" Now, for a real post!

Disconnected. Ever feel that way? Like you're going through the motions? Like you don't really care what happens, because it'll happen with or without you? I knew you had; we all have. I suppose I've been feeling that way the last few days. I spent Saturday at a BBQ with friends from IT. It was good to just hang out. No major drama. No continuing struggles. People coming and going freely without guilt. Just existing, and doing so together for a while. I didn't want to leave, but when 3am hit, I knew it was time.

Sunday was a day spent alone with the pups. Watching TV, catching up on some work, and getting some much needed sleep (though as many of you know, perhaps a bit too much - set an alarm when napping!)

I had things to do this weekend. A late, word-of-mouth wedding invitation. Setting up tents for Rendezvous. The fate of the world did not rest on these things happening, so I made some executive decisions (and had some made for me) and focused on simply being. I not only felt better rested today, I also felt a little bit more connected. A little more capable of heading into another week, the beginning of another semester. Like I have some control, some power, and some ability.

Will this work for you? I don't know. But what could it hurt?

No comments: